Saturday, February 13, 2010

The BIG Town Fair

Valerie, my sitemate and I enjoying the parade from the stands.

The town gathering in the soccer field.


Reflextion from Val's sweet camera.


The beginning of the prosession, somewhere in that first group is the mayor... haven't met the man yet, lol.



Have to have clowns, a Guatemalan staple in parades.




The long line of floats waiting for the parade to start.



Another view from the other side.



I love this photo... little adolecent boys as cheerleaders! They were loving it! You would never see that in the states!




One of my favorites, a little drill team. So precious :)



The 10th of January until the 16th was Chiquimula's big town fair. It was basically the same as the town fair that happened in September, but everyone more or less made an appearance. There was a huge parade where all the schools participated and the parade ended in the soccer field. For 4 days/nights there was live music. If I could skip anything in the fair it would have been the live music. They start playing at 6 am and don't stop until about 2 am! My house is located on one of the main roads, and I am not kidding, my house was vibrating because the music was SO loud. Not one live band, but 3 in one plaza in front of the Catholic church. Is it necessary for 3?! I was very mad at myself for losing my ear plugs...


Looking forward 'til September, for more sleepless nights....

No comments:

Post a Comment