Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Seño Valeria! Goodbye Zane :(

Yesterday my site mates and I celebrated Val's 28th birthday and also threw a going away party for Zane. We went all out with decorations, piñata, cake, games, firecrackers, bondfire etc. It was definitely a very entertaining night! Zane leaves the 12th of October - how time flew! Before I know it I will be saying goodbye to Valerie.




A Guatemalan tradition - smasing the birthday cake in your face right after blowing out the candles. We got Val GOOD!! People were eating cake off of her face for a while...




Val and the piñata.


Afternoon soccer game at the synthetic soccer field just built in Chuiquimula with some other volunteers for Val's birthday.

I'm taking care of Esther's dog Tay'in while she is in the states so Tuk has been a little less annoying now that he has regular company. However, Tay'in does not listen. They both bolted from the front door when I opened it and had to track them down on the other side of town - of course Tay'in was the ring leader. Tuk's chunky butt was just following behind like it was the coolest thing he has ever done. Of course it was a huge spectacle in my town. People all over town were leaving their stores to watch Tuk and Tay'in roam around town - it was like they were watching a parade. Today, they escaped again and while I was walking them back after chasing them down the street again we were passing by this one house who has 2 watch dogs that sit on the roof of the house barking - ALL the time - well one of the dogs (who is this boxer mix who just gave birth to puppies so she's a little chunky) got a little too excited barking at Tuk and Tay'in and SMACK, I turn around and the dog fell off the roof!!! I thought the dog was dead or at least with broken bones. Well the owner comes out of the house and the dog miraculously gets up and walks inside! I guess you had to have been there, but it was so ridiculous and I mean, really?!?! A dog falling off of a roof. I think I will be laughing over this story for a while.

So I just finished my last health talks with my women's groups. Soon we will start construction! Although it is raining season, my hope is to start in mid to late October. Ojala!



Me, Felisa and my women's group in Tasabalquiej after giving a cooking class. We made spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce with soy protein.



SO these are the spiders Tuk likes to kill and leave in the middle of my floor, dead. However, he failed to find this one! I was looking for something on my desk and this scary, ugly thing pops up! I think I spraid it with Raid for like 5 minutes. I was too afraid to kill it with my shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment