Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Humble Abode

I know some of you have been curious as to what my house looks like. So here it is. I would like to disclaimer that not all PC homes look like this. I just so happened to luck out with a newly built home. I have the entire upstairs of this house. There are 2 sides that mimic each other in size and style, but I only live on one side. I also have a patio which I did not picture here. So here it is, welcome to my little home :)


Here is my kitchen. I have a little stove top that is powed by a gas tank. A refrigerator that my parents bought me for Christmas when they came to visit and a toaster oven my grandma gave me for Christmas. Not everyone has refrigerators or ovens because on our budget it is way too expensive, so I lucked out! I built the "bookcase" - I built it one night at like 8 pm and finished at midnight one night when I had a lot on my mind and needed something to hit! It is a little lopsided, so it is tilted against the wall so it doesn't fall - because one time it did, lol. And my kitchen table that took me a year to buy because I couldn't afford it, haha.


Here is my wall of gossip magazines. Magazines I have collected through out my service. And, all my bags. The sad part is that I took a ton of bags home with me when I went home for Christmas and it still looks like I have way too many.

The entrance to the other room. On the floor are the 2 out of the 4 midwife kit boxes.


My room.



My "dresser", built out of cement blocks and wood shelves I found on my patio. Yes, I still am a hoarder of clothes.


Here is my desk. It is a little small but it is still functional. Now that I have completely organized it to my liking, this is where I spend most of my time when I am doing work, or in this instance updating my blog. Most of you are here - either in pictures, cards, gifts, etc. Can you find yourself? :)


And... last but not least, my bed :) My sanctuary. I. love. my. bed. I don't take nearly as many naps as I did when I was in the states, mainly because I have a normal sleep cycle here but my bed is where I read, watch movies and just relax.

until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment