Tuesday, October 27, 2009

10 Days!

10 Days from today my wonderful boyfriend, Charles, will be visiting me in Guatemala! He will be here for 13 days! The first 3 days we will be in Antigua. Saturday we are going to take a tour of a coffee farm (for the coffee fanatic in Chuck :) Then we will have lunch with my host family at their home. Sunday we made reservations at a 5 star restaurant called Panza Verde (Green Bellied) to celebrate our 1 year anniversary! Monday we wake up at 4:00 am to make a 8-9 hour bus ride to Tikal, Peten. Here we will see all the Mayan ruins! (this is where they filmed Apacolypto). Early morning Weds. we will make another long trip to Panajachel, Solola and stay at the beautiful Lago Atitlan for 3 days (we'll need a lot of relaxation after that looong bus ride and waking up really early or the past 3 days). Saturday we will leave the lake and make our way to my site, Santa Maria Chiquimula, where he will see my town and we will have lunch with my new host family. They are all excited... they are going to make caldo for him (it is this awesome soup they make here!) We will then head back to Xela and meet up with a bunch of my friends to prepare for our volcano hike. Sunday and Monday we will be hiking the tallest peak in Cental American, Volcan Tajumulco! It is something like 2 miles long! We head back to Antigua Monday night , relax Tuesday, then Charles is off Weds. morning :(

This is a MUCH needed vacation! I am definitely looking forward to resting my brain from thinking in Spanish and just enjoying the beauty of Guatemala :) Then a month after Charles leaves, my parents will be here for Christmas!!! So excited! So I am counting down the days and hours until Charles gets here, so sooon!

So hopefully I'll be able to upload those videos this weekend, and I PROMISE!... I will be updating my blog more frequently.... I have no excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment