Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas/New Years 2011

I was able to spend 18 days home this past December and they were wonderful! Oh the pleasures of home - driving, carpeting, using tap water, not having to wear sandals in the shower, not having to walk outside to use the bathroom, having central heating... even tv! I definitely endulged myself in eating everything and whatever was in my face and as a result my plants did not fit towards the end of my trip, haha. I have been back 15 days, although it has felt more like a month, and I miss my family and my friends. I only have 6 months left in my service - which is something I haven't actually grasped juet yet. I feel like I've been playing this tug-of-war of being half-way here in Guatemala and half-way home. So when I actually go home for real, I'm not too sure if I will actually believe that I am staying and not leaving in a week!

While I was home I was able to spend time with some my best friends from high school which was so great. I was also able to make a trip to Annapolis, Maryland to visit Charles. While I was in Annapolis we were able to make a trip to Washington DC which we checked out some museums, and ate at a really great restaurant, Oyamel. If you live or plan on going to DC, definitely make reservations at this restaurant. It is a Spanish tapas restaurant where the food is just sooo good!



Saturday night my parents, Ben and Kristen and I went out to eat at this cute little restaurant in Willoughby- I forget the name - but it had a nice little atmosphere and a live band. Aren't my parents good-looking! :)


Here I am with my brother Ben and my sister-in-law, Kristen who just recently dyed her hair brown! Welcome to our side now ;)

With Leah, my best friend since the 7th grade! How I have missed that girl. I am so proud of her and all of her accomplishments! Can't wait to see more of her when I am back!


Here is Brandon, who I haven't seen in almost 2 years showing off the present I brought back for him. The oh-so-ever popular MTV backpack which every Guatemalan owns! This is funny because Brandon actually works for MTV yet no one in Guatemala has ever heard of MTV - well at least where I live.




Charles and I taking a 30 minute road trip to DC!




In front of the huge Christmas tree outside of the Capitol Building. There was no snow :(



I was able to see my cousin Jason in DC whom I haven't seen since my brother's wedding in June of 2009! The day after New Years he got down on one knee and proposed to her girlfriend in front of the Lincoln memorial. So romantic! Miss you cuz!


Charles and I celebrating the New Year at his restaurant, Paladar, in Annapolis, Maryland
Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment