Sunday, January 16, 2011

RIP my little Honeybear...





So I thought I would share with those of you that might not already know, but my dog, Tuk, was hit by a car and died while I was home in the states. The news was very heartbreaking for me. As I type this I find myself trying to hold back tears.
I had never owned a dog before. Tuk was my first pet. When I first bought him I had no clue what I was doing and I automatically regretted buying him as soon as we got home. He grew on me over time and he became more than just a pet. He helped me get through this rollercoaster ride I like to call Peace Corps. Being thousands of miles away from your family, your pets here become your family. He would listen to me while I talked to him about my day, give me kisses when I was having a bad day and he was the best company I could have asked for while I've been living alone. To come home to an empty house was really hard adjusting to, I don't think I'm quite yet there. All I know is that I will never own a dog like him ever again but for the time I did have him he has everything I could have asked for in a pet.
So this is my dedication to my beloved dog, Tuk. May you rest in peace little guy.
This is something my mom sent me in an e-mail and it touched me so much I wanted to share it with everyone: "Bye, Tuk Tuk, to me you will be "Tukito" for I feel that as many times you licked my daughter's face, you licked mine as well. Andrea loved you so much and I loved you through her, for she shared wonderful moments that only you and her will never forget and neither will I. I love you Tuk Tuk"

No comments:

Post a Comment