Friday, May 22, 2009

No Mas Animales











Last Friday the 3 other people that live in my community: Ryan, Anna (The Asian), and Kiki (the American with the awful Spanish accent, but hilarious), went to our assigned health post. It is a clinic in the town next to our town, San Luis Las Carretas. The clinic is next to a school. We had the privilege to help the clinic nurse de-worm all the children in this school. The medicine came in little bottles and we had to tell them it tastes like strawberries. If I knew I was drinking that my first thought would not be strawberries, probably along the lines of poison with a hint of nastiness. A few kids were dry-heaving; I was trying hard not to laugh. Before the nurse had us pass out the medicine she gave a little talk about why they need this medicine, why the Americans were there, and if you don’t take the medicine you will start to grow animals in your stomach. She also went even further by saying that we are going around to each of their houses to inspect how clean they are…. awesome. There were probably 500 students in that school. I’m hoping she was kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment